Template:BLP sources Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use Canadian English Édith Butler Template:Post-nominals (born Marie Nicole Butler 27 July 1942 in Paquetville, New Brunswick) is an Acadian singer-songwriter and folklorist. Her career began in the early 1960s with performances in Moncton, followed by national appearances on CBC Television's Singalong Jubilee.
2003's Madame Butlerfly is her most recent studio recording.
- Butler was appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada in June 1975.
- She was one of the four musicians pictured on the second series of the Canadian Recording Artist Series issued by Canada Post stamps on 2 July 2009.
- In 2009, she received the Governor General's Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement, Canada's highest honour in the performing arts.
- In 2010, Butler was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2010 French SOCAN Awards in Montreal.
- In 2012 she received the Lieutenant-Governor's Award for High Achievement in the Arts for Performing Arts.
- In 2013, she was made a member of the Order of New Brunswick
- Template:Fr icon Édith Butler official website
- The Canadian Encyclopedia: Édith Butler
- Jam: Édith Butler
- Template:Fr icon Quebec Info Musique: Édith Butler
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found